Research activities 2020:
– Publishing a microhistory on ancestor representations from the Batu Islands and the Lutheran Mission, in collaboration with the Netherlands Lutheran Society and Boom Uitgevers Amsterdam. Research conducted for this publication:
Literature,- and archival research on and photographic recording of ancestor representations from the Batu Islands in private collections and the collections of the Amsterdam Tropical Museum (Tropenmuseum), Museum Nusantara in Delft (closed since January 2013) and the National Museum of Ethnology (Museum Volkenkunde) in Leiden.
– City Archives of Amsterdam: research in the archives of the Netherlands Lutheran Society for Internal and External Missions and the Restored Evangelical Lutheran Church.
– Archiv- und Museumsstiftung der VEM in Wuppertal, Germany: research on missions to the Batu Islands.
– Research in various private archives on Lutheran missions to the Batu Islands.
– Research into and photographic recording of privately owned ancestor representations from the Batu Islands.
– Genealogical research on descendants of missionaries who worked for the Netherlands Lutheran Society.